Many thanks to Brandi Hawthorne of the blog Woman Live! (brandihawthorne.wordpress.com) for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award! This is my first time receiving a nomination like this so I really appreciate it, thank you Brandi! How sweet!
The rules for the nomination are to:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site!
- Tell seven random facts about yourself.
- Pay it forward to thirteen versatile bloggers.
Well I sincerely thank Brandi for thinking of me when choosing 13 bloggers to pay it forward to after first receiving her nomination! Be sure to check out her nomination post to check out the other great bloggers she mentioned.
7 Random Facts About Me
Now, I have to come up with 7 random facts about myself?? Hmm…what are 7 random things that you don’t know about me…
- I’m terrible with knowing my right from left. Seriously, it’s pretty embarrassing! I’m one of those people who has to stretch out my forefinger and thumb on both hands to see which one makes an “L”, so I’ll know which one is my left. When I give people driving direction, I always use “north side of the road” and “turn south” because I screw up left vs. right all the time, haha! My friends think I’m just really precise with directions but little do they know…I can’t tell my left from my right!
- I’m an excellent ice skater! Maybe it helps to be from Michigan? I don’t know, but from the first time I ever set foot in an ice skating ring, I could just glide no problem. I can even skate backwards.
- I always sing the background, chorus, and the hook of every song while driving in the car as my secret dream is to be a background singer. This annoys my husband so much that he makes it a game to predict when I’m going to “come in” on the song, lol. To make matters worse, I’m only an okay singer, I have a very limited range — I’m an alto. I can hold a few notes but I would never perform on my own…which is why I want to sing backup!
- I named my car “Rocket” (but I call her “Rockie” for short). Yes, she’s a female car. As soon as I bought her, I drove her home, walked around her and thought “Hmm, what is this car’s name?” Instantly, a spunky girl with blue streaks in her hair (my car is blue) came to mind and I could hear her say, “Hi, I’m Rocket!” That was it, I’ve called her Rocket (Rockie) ever since!
- I lost my engagement ring on a business trip. That was probably the worse day I ever had while engaged. I was going through security at the airport and as I glanced at my left arm to take my watch off, I realized that my finger was bare. Oh, my, goodness, my heart still sinks when I remember that feeling! I immediately called my team and had them check the site where we were working, they looking in the trash cans in all the women’s bathrooms, and I raced back to the hotel where I was staying to search the room. No luck. However, I had my ring insured literally the day after my husband proposed (he proposed when we were out of town and I was paranoid that something would happen to it on our way home), so I ended up having to file a claim to get it replaced. My husband was soooo mad, he didn’t talk to me for like, 4 days! He ended up buying me the exact same ring with the insurance money though, so no one knows the difference. Still, sometimes I miss my old ring.
- Chicago (in the summertime) is my favorite city in the US. I have been infatuated with Chicago since the first time I visited it over a decade ago. I would never live there in the winter (been there, done that growing up in Detroit) but I think Chicago in the summer is a magical place. I love it. My hope is to one day own a summer home there.
- I am of Caribbean lineage. Sort of. My Grandfather and his family were from the Bahamas. Cat’s Island, Bahamas, to be exact. I didn’t find this out until I started doing a family history project in high school. My mom always said my dad’s side was “West Indian” but I never knew what that meant. My grandfather passed away when I was 8 or 9, so I never got a chance to ask him about this, unfortunately. Nevertheless, I think it’s cool that I have Caribbean lineage! I want to one day visit and find out more about that side of my family.
My 13 Versatile Blogger Nominees
I’m nominating the following bloggers in no particular order. Everyone who is on this list is someone who (1) hasn’t been nominated before (as far as I know), (2) blogs in a unique and interesting way and (3) deserves more promotion (in my opinion). These are my 13 versatile bloggers:
- Beta Motivation
- The Femme Focus
- Ambitious Curls
- Style and Grace
- The Inspired Cafe
- The Tiny Closet
- Black Girls Social
- Girls of Royalty
- She and Money
- Leanne Lindsey
Many thanks once again to Brandi for nominating me! This is a fun way to spread the love to other lovely bloggers.
Talk To Me:
What are some of your favorite blogs?