Hello and welcome to The B-Side, a mastermind group for entrepreneurial women! On the first of each month, I share my business-related goals, challenges, and triumphs while inviting you to do the same! I’d love for you to join me; you can learn more about participating by clicking here.
Another month bites the dust! Was June a good month for you? I’m really excited about July because best of all, its my birthday month (woop! woop!) Here’s what I got goin’ on for the next 31 days:
Last Month’s Business Goals & Results
- Write or work on a blog post everyday!!! (Come on Courtney!) Though I didn’t write literally every single day, I worked on the blog nearly everyday and honestly, I’m really pleased with the effort I put forth last month. I even wrote my most popular post ever which was pretty cool! Writing consistently is still a struggle, so no, I didn’t hit the daily writing goal, but I definitely stepped my game up.
- Solidify location
and agenda for event. This goal was only half reached. The location I planned on using ended up being waaaay too expensive and my back up location ended up officially closing at the end of June. I definitely felt like I couldn’t catch a break on the location front! As for the agenda, I’ve decided to do a panel discussion with successful women discussing how to set professional/business, financial, and general life goals and accomplish them. I event met a successful black financial planner here in Dallas who has agreed to sit on my panel. Complete the “homework” assignments from my new business coach. Meeting with my new coach has been great, she is super on the ball. So far, we’ve come up with a concept for my first ever training product! I’ve completed all the initial “homework” for this project thus far, I’ve just have to keep it up for this month so we can start working with a working draft of the product.
This Month’s Business Goals
Last month was pretty good for me! I managed to do nearly all that I set out to do plus a little extra (my Girl’s Night In event and reader survey). I’m trying to keep up the momentum for this month, so in July I will:
- Post every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Last month I felt really good about my general effort but I still struggle to find a routine that will keep me writing on a regular basis without stressing out. While I play around with writing routines, I’ve determined that above all else, I need to post on this blog 3x a week. The schedule of “Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday” is what I’ve determined works best for me while still keeping my content “fresh”. The results from my reader survey really helped in coming up with this schedule too. So boom, here’s a goal that will be easy to determine whether or not I met it at the end of the month. 😉
- Submit guest posts to two blogs. Now that I’m on a roll, I want to keep the momentum up. I have a few blogs on my hit list that I want to start (and continue!) guest posting for, so my goal this month is to submit a post for consideration on at least two of those sites. Now whether they publish them in July or at all I’m not going to worry myself about, I just want to make sure I do my part and put good work out there.
- Finish the next phase of “homework” assignments from my business coach. As I mentioned above, my coach is helping me work on my first training-type product. Our goal for next month is to have a working draft completed so we can begin tweaking it and making it thebomb.com. So this month, I need to finish all my “homework” to make that happen.
- Finding a consistent time to work on TGC during the week. Generally, not a day goes buy where I’m not working on TGC but I always feel like its on snatched time. You would think I would have more time during the weekend but I have so much going on during the week that I spend a lot of my weekend simply catching up on boring but vital stuff like cleaning the house and grocery shopping. I’m making it all work for now, but I would feel better if I had a consistent, trusted “TGC” schedule.
- Figuring out what to work on first. In addition to getting things done at inconsistent times, I have so many projects related to TGC that is can be difficult to know what to do next. Literally, at any given moment, I could working on 10 different things, all of them important. Lately I’ve been testing a lot of different productivity methods out (I’m a geek at heart, what can I say) so I hope a system that will give me peace of mind emerges soon.
Current Successes/What’s Working
- Coaching. I’m really enjoying the accountability and feedback from having a coach. I’m also interested in coaching others myself so really appreciate the opportunity to see how the process works first hand. As for this product that I’m working on, I know if it were only me keeping me accountable, it would still be an idea in my head right now. Having a coach really helps you put one foot in front of the other.
- Connecting, Connecting, Connecting! I love connecting with people online and I had the chance to do A LOT of that this past month. I think I literally had maybe 8 different Skype calls last month with a variety of awesome women. So fun! Not only have I been able to share my story and give some of my best tips to those who have reached out to me, I’ve received a lot of wisdom, ideas and just support in general! It’s truly been great. It just goes to show that if you put good work out there and you genuinely strive to help others, people will start reaching back out to you!
- Share your goals, challenges and successes in the comments.
- The goal of this mastermind is to support each other, so be sure to read all the comments and check out all the participating blogs and businesses! If you have something to offer, leave a comment and help each other out!
- If you are a blogger, feel free to create a post sharing your entrepreneurial goals, challenges, and successes (via the format above) on your blog and link back here. You can even grab the button and include it in your post:
B-Side Facebook Group
Be sure to join the B-Side Facebook group! Since the B-side post will come out monthly, this women-only Facebook group will serve as a “hub” for us to ask questions, share what we have going on, and generally connect with each other on a day-to-day basis. You can join right now: http://facebook.com/groups/bsidebythinkandgrowchick